Wednesday 13 March 2013

My very first post!

Well here I am in the world of blogging. It's all a bit scary but I'm guessing it's going to be quite cathartic. I've decided to blog due to a recent relapse with the condition I've had for ten years (ME-CFS) which thankfully I appear to have made a good recovery from but.... like a fellow ME-CFS sufferer described it, ME-CFS is like an elephant hiding round the corner waiting to jump on you. I believe that this relapse was caused by stress and an increasing feeling of striving for perfection in quite a few areas of my life. So to avoid any further relapses I need to take some precautions. Mainly these are; to ensure that I am eating healthily, avoiding any stressful situations (that can be avoided!) and to do daily meditation as well as pacing my activities.

I've recently embarked on the 21 day meditation programme run by Oprah and Deepak Chopra which I've been finding benefit from (I'm on day three at the moment).  In terms of eating healthily I have a terrible sweet tooth so I've slipped up a few times with chocolate bars. I really need to tackle this! Luckily things seem to be going quite smoothly, no major stress so far!

Finally I need to be accepting myself for who I am,  how I look and what I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment