Tuesday 15 October 2013

The Enchanted Forest and an indulgent weekend

Last weekend we went up to Pitlochry and stayed in the very quaint Moulin hotel (3/4 mile from Pitlochry). It sells an amazing selection of real ales and whiskies and the food is delicious (proper Gastropub meals at very reasonable prices and portion sizes are good).  They also have their own microbrewery across the road.

While we were there we revisited The Queens View, The Soldier's leap at Killiecrankie and spent Saturday night wandering round the spectacular Enchanted Forest at Faskally Woods. It's been running for a few years now and every October, they place lights and art installations round the forest and pipe eerie music out as you walk round. It does get busy, even though the entry times are staggered, and at some stages, we felt a little claustrophobic but I think its just due to everyone getting off the bus at the same time and walking in the same direction. As the time wore on, the crowds lessened and people were milling around different areas.
Its definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.







Unfortunately I didn't have a tripod with me so ended up getting better photos with my iphone! Although they don't really do it much justice!

After a weekend of a few drams, ales and lots of yummy calorific food like fish pie and blueberry cranachan, I decided yesterday to embark on a sugar free diet. So far it's not been too bad. I've not had any particular cravings but I'm sure that may change during the month! It makes sense to try and limit my sugar intake given the effect it has on my fatigue with the blood sugar levels. It does make it a bit easier though if I can substitute my chocolate and desserts for something else so I'm going to have a look and see what substitute recipes I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment